EU-Ports & Chinese FDI Workshop 2022
On Tuesday, September 20th, Prof. Dr. Sebastian Bersick participated in “the EU-Chinese FDI Workshop” organised by Birkbeck College, London.
The workshop was dedicated to discussing the comparative conceptual and empirical insights arising from senior researchers’ case studies concerning Chinese investment in European ports.
- Sebastian Bersick, Professor “International Political Economy of East Asia”, Faculty of East Asian Studies, Ruhr University Bochum
- Kirsten Kaarre Jensen, Researcher, Birkbeck College, University of London
- Francesca Spigarelli, Professor of Applied Economics & Director: China Center, University of Macerata
- Dr. Dominique Lepore, University of Macerata
- Dr. David Styan, Birkbeck College, University of London
- Olaf Merk, Head Administrator, ports and shipping section; International Transport Forum of the OECD, Paris.
This workshop is part of a research activity under the Jean Monnet Chair in Parliamentary Democracy and European Integration, conducted with the support of the Erasmus+ Programme of the European Union.
Jean Monnet Lecture by Prof. Dr. Azirah Hashim
“EU-Asia Connectivity in Higher Education: The Role of the ASEM Education Process” Lecture deliver by Prof. Dr. Azirah Hashim, Emeritus Professor at the Faculty of
Jean Monnet Lecture by Dr. Jovan Kurbalija
Dr. Jovan Kurbalija, Founding Director of DiploFoundation delivered a talk on “Digital Geopolitics in the Asia-Europe Space: Issues, Actors, and Divides Description”