European-Asian Research Network on Strategies for Promoting Europe-Asia Connectivity (SPEAC)
Year: 2019 – 2022
- Korea University, Seoul, Korea (Republic of)
- EU Center in Singapore Nanyang Technological University, Singapore
- Ruhr-Universität Bochum, Germany
- Uppsala University, Sweden
- Maria Curie-Sklodowska University, Lublin, Poland
- Prof. Sunghoon Park, Korea University, Project Leader Academic Coordinator
- Prof. Jae-seung Lee, Korea University, Project Manager, researcher
- Dr. Lay Hwee Yeo, EU Centre in Singapore, Consortium Coordinator
- Prof. Sebastian Bersick, Ruhr-Universität Bochum, Consortium Coordinator
- Ms. Mireia Paulo Noguera, Ruhr-Universität Bochum, Researcher (Associate)
- Prof. Anna Michalski, Uppsala University, Consortium Coordinator
- Prof. Charles Parker, Uppsala University, Researcher (Associate)
- Prof. Pawel Pasierbiak, Maria Curie-Sklodowska University, Consortium Coordinator
- Prof. Tomasz Bialowa, Maria Curie-Sklodowska University, Researcher (Associate)
A European-Asian Research Network on Strategies for Promoting Europe-Asia Connectivity (SPEAC), of which Ruhr-Universität Bochum (RUB) is a member, was awarded by the EU Erasmus+ Programme Jean Monnet Actions.
The SPEAC project aims to develop a research network on assessing Europe-Asia Connectivity Strategy. The project focuses on assessing three aspects of this strategy: economic/trade, political/security, and people-to-people/rule of law. Throughout this network, this project explores this initiative’s contextualisation, challenges, and opportunities. Outcomes of this project are expected to contribute to EU-related International Relations and Policy Studies at an international level to a certain extent.
For more information, please visit the website of the Jean Monnet EU Centre of Excellence at Korea University.
Kick-off of the Consortium and research activities
The project’s official launch took place on November 18th, 2019. Members of Korea University team, the University coordinator of SPEAC project, met with EACEA’s officials to discuss the project. On December 18-19th, 2019, all researchers’ part of this consortium met in Seoul to discuss the activities implementation details and coordinate research work. From 2020 onwards, Europe and Asia scholars have conducted joint research activities, such as hosting international conferences and issuing publications.
The SPEAC Junior Research Fellowship is one of the research activities conducted in this project. The award recognizes the academic work conducted by junior researchers who have demonstrated an outstanding research performance and have incorporated a clear European dimension, particularly on the topic of EU-Asia Connectivity, in their research. Among the Ph.D. candidates awarded, five are Ruhr-Universität Bochum’s researchers. The awarded junior researchers and their papers can be found in the following link.
SPEAC Junior Research Fellowship (YouTube playlist)